Friday, March 21, 2008

See Ray Park as Snake Eyes!

I love G.I. Joe. It was one of the greatest American cartoons ever made and still stands the test of time today amongst a world full of crappy cartoons and anime-influences. One of my personal favorite characters was Snake Eyes, the silent ninja who carried a gun and kicked Cobra ass. Hard. A couple of days ago images of his live-action iteration, set to be played by Ray Park in the upcoming live-action G.I. Joe movie, surfaced on the net. They were promptly taken down, but have now been officially released. They really nailed the look of the character. I hope they do the same for the others. You can view the pics of Ray Park as Snake Eyes below. By the way, if you're unaware of the badassness that is Ray Park, just know that he was the only good thing about Star Wars Episode I besides Liam Neeson as Qui-Gonn; Darth Maul. G.I. Joe is set to be released Summer 2009, directed by Stephen Sommers of "The Mummy" fame and its first sequel, "The Mummy Returns".

1 comment:

Xenoslayer33 said...

I have to say I was never a fan of GI Joe, instead it was always Ninja Turtles with me. With that said, I'm not following the movie, but that character looks seriously cool. I may have to keep my eye on it...