Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some Biohazard 5 Gameplay Footage Unveiled

Recently the latest edition of printed Japanese game coverage publication Famitsu's packaged-in DVD, Famitsu Wave, has revealed a few bits of actual gameplay from Resident Evil 5. Of course, there isn't really anything interesting in the footage, and it looks exactly like RE4 with better graphics. Thanks Famitsu, for showing us absolutely nothing new. If you're curious about what the gentleman is saying, he is speaking of the theme for the game which is "Light and Shadows". Being in the sunlight for a long time will blur your vision once you enter a dark room and vice versa. I'm sure Capcom has a lot more in store for this installment of the series than is being shown, so don't worry. The footage still underwhelms me though... You can thank GameVideos.com and a YouTube user who will remain anonymous for the footage.

1 comment:

Xenoslayer33 said...

I never enjoyed the Resident Evil series until RE4 showed up. Sure, I loved the concept, the story, atmosphere, etc. But it was that darn control scheme that killed the series for me. Thankfully, RE4 went in a completely different direction. I've played through it twice now; once on GC and once Wii. While both were enjoyable experiences, I was hoping for a different engine with RE5. Unfortunately, it looks exactly the same as RE4. I guess they were going with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle, but it almost looks rehashed. Aside from the impressive graphical updates, the enemies move the same, controls look the same, and even the dead bodies vanish the same way. I'm underwhelmed. Ah well, I won't write it off yet, as I'm sure it will be a good game regardless. Now all we need is some creepy merchant saying "Hey there, stranger!"