Wednesday, April 2, 2008

More GTA IV Gameplay Revealed

In the following trailer, which involves who I'm only assuming is either a new character that you'll be able to control at some point, a ready-made online character or an online-made custom character that Rockstar put a silly voice to; you get to see a few a Grand Theft Auto IV's new gameplay features. One of which is the ability to become drunk by consuming too much alcohol. You can even drive drunk. Jack Thompson is gonna be up somebody's ass on this one. But, you gotta love it. It just goes to show the level of freedom you can have in video games. Besides, its brilliant marketing in a sense, Rockstar knows that the game is going to get a lot of attention because they put that in their and they're showing it off proudly. If you're an intelligent human being, you should know that you should never, ever drive while drunk in real life anyways. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Xenoslayer33 said...

Honestly, I have never been a huge fan of the GTA series. I've tried a few here and there, but ironically, I feel that the game doesn't give you enough freedom and enough to do. Other than performing missions, it's all just driving around, jacking cars, and killing stuff. Oh, and the combat has always been horrendously broken. Sure, the cities are always huge, but pretty uninteresting in my opinion. Also, they stripped the character building seen in San Andreas, so no more RPG-lite gameplay. Which stinks, because that was a drawing point for me.

Bottem line: Unless this game does something exceptionally amazing, I think I'll skip it. Give me the absoulte freedom of modded PC Oblivion any day over the sandbox-simulation of GTA.