Friday, April 4, 2008

Brief Kazunori Yamauchi Interview

I'm not a big racing game fan aside from Mario Kart. But, I have to respect Gran Turismo for its sheer attention to detail. I even had the chance to play through Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for PS3 thanks to an associate of mine. Absolutely stunning visually and the game is quite fun if you're into cars. Even if you're not, I suggest you give it a try. I did, and while I'm not going to go out and buy up every game in the series or even buy GT5 when its released, I will say that its well worth a rent. But, why the hell is it so damn hard to give the cars damage in-game? I understand there have to be tons of licensing agreements to go through, but goodness... its just a video game. Thankfully, Kazunori Yamauchi, the creator of the Gran Turismo franchise has said that they're planning on including car damage as future downloadable content. He also said that Gran Turismo 4 would include damage. It never showed up. Period. But, the game flew off shelves regardless, just because of the sheer number of vehicles available. His supposed reason for not including damage is because he feels that the damage should look authentic enough to their standards. Respect. So, for the Gran Turismo fans out there, please enjoy the following brief interview with the series creator courtesy of YouTube user Team GT.

No comments: