Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A PG-13 Terminator!?

It's been recently announced that the next installment in the Terminator franchise would be taking a PG-13 approach in order to draw in a larger audience. OK, they did the same with Die Hard and that didn't turn out bad, in my opinion. I'm a huge Terminator fan, and I'm honestly not too worried about this. I mean, Sarah Connor Chronicles is quite a dark and violent television show with a great story, great characters and hardly any cursing. So, I can see a PG-13 Terminator still being very good. Terminator 3 was rated R and is by far the weakest story out of the entire series. Arnold's Terminator character was too much of a "prophet" as opposed to just simply saying, "Come with me if you want to live." There was no emotional connection to his and John's character besides what John remembered from the previous T-800 protector/father figure and that was a major weak point for fans. I'm glad that this new installment will focus on a young Kyle Reese as I've always wanted to know more about his character's past.

No comments: