Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Crazy Contraptions!


I used to have this huge obsession with Mouse Trap when I was very little. I'd speed into the living room every time I heard the commercial come on. It was all just to see the little metal ball go down the ramp and cause all sorts of crazy things to happen. Of course once my folks actually got me one I was completely disappointed in the thing and forgot about it before the day of purchase was even out. However, a few years ago I happened to stumble upon a very interesting television show from the good ol' Land of the Rising Sun. The name of the show is Pitagora Suitchi, roughly translated as PythagorasSwitch. Yes, its just one word with a cap in the middle. Throughout the show there are many segments that are way beyond borderline stupid, which means they go ahead and cross into just plain stupid. But, there is one little charming segment that made me feel like I was 4 all over again. These little segments were called Pythagorean Device and featured what are more commonly know as Rube Goldberg machines. They were very similar to Mouse Trap, but on a much, much bigger scale. I've posted a video below for you all to enjoy whenever you're feeling kind of blue, braindead or just bored. I think you'll find yourself trapped in their charm. Teehee... get it? Trapped. ...Yeah. Just watch the video.

1 comment:

Xenoslayer33 said...

I always hated Mousetrap. HATED it. Especially that creepy old man that dives into the pot or whatever. Cool video though. "See kids, this is what geometry and various other mathematics are good for!"